Coronavirus (COVID-19) → Updates
Update: December 29th, 2020
Regardless of how long we encounter the effects of this global pandemic, there will continue to be a need for us to provide the highest quality care to the animals entrusted to us and to those in our community. Paws Humane Society will act responsibly while continuing to save the helpless animals in the Chattahoochee Valley. Your safety and that of our staff, volunteers, and customers is a priority to us.
- The Adoption Center is open to the pubic with masks required to enter the building. We are limiting the number of visitors in our Adoption Center to 10.
- The Veterinary Clinic is open by appointment with masks required to enter the building. We are limiting the number of guests allowed in our lobby to 10.
“Walk-in” veterinary wellness services are available Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. Walk-in capacity is limited each day, we reccomend arriving early to ensure your pet can be seen.
Adoptions Center Instructions:
- To view available pets and submit an online adoption application, visit www.pawshumane.org/adopt
. Once an application is submitted, applicants will be contacted by Adoptions staff.
- All clients and customers are required to wear a face mask or facial covering during their time in our Adoption Center. If you do not wear a mask or facial covering, you will be asked to return at a later time.
- Visitors should practice social distancing and remain six feet apart from others.
- Hours of Operations:
Adoptions Center: Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
We appreciate each and every one of you for bearing through these unprecedented changes over the past few months.
If you have any questions for our Adoptions Center or general questions, please call 706-565-0035.
Veterinary Clinic Appointment Instructions
- When you arrive, please check in with a staff member with your pet still in the vehicle.
- All clients and customers are required to wear a face mask or facial covering.
- Only 10 people will be allowed in our lobby at one time and must practice social distancing at all times.
*For your pet’s safety, please leave your vehicle running when they are waiting.*
If you have any questions for our Veterinary Clinic, please call 706-987-8380.
Paws Humane Society and our veterinary clinic are remaining open in support of the community and our great city of Columbus. We are working hand in hand with the city and Columbus Animal Care and Control ensuring we continue our efforts of keeping Columbus no kill.
I know times are hard for everyone. Many people are worried and many are out of jobs, but, as a nonprofit, we live on donations, our efforts truly impact so many. The best thing anyone can possibly do is to make any type of contribution. Food, supplies or monetary, we are on standby for your support.
Our volunteers contribute to our mission in BIG ways! Just check out the numbers below to see the impact our volunteers helped make in 2019.
Number of vaccinations and microchips provided through our Veterinary Clinic Wellness Program.
Volunteer hours logged.